New Model Army Disassembly Instructions
Here is how I disassemble my 58's and so far I've done it about 38 times in the last 4 months. Been cutting down the barrel, polishing and the like. Just have to put everything back together before I go to bed at night. Anyway I've included a diagram for you.
- Take the grip panels off. (parts 44 and 45)
- Take out the mainspring screw. (part 53)
- Take the mainspring out by backing off to one side and sliding from underneath the roller. (part 20) the roller is part 25 under the hammer.
- Remove the Cylinder (part 5)
- Remove the trigger guard (part 26)
- Remove Screws 37 and 38
- Remove the trigger, the hand and the trigger spring. (parts 10, 12, 19)
- Turn the revolver over onto its right side. Push the hammer down until you see the handspring screw (part 52). Unscrew it and slide the handspring out.
- The Hammer can now be removed.